Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How to Choose Family Portrait Outfits

I'm so excited about Cole's newborn pictures that I've already been working on outfits! :)  I'm hoping to get a few shots of all four of us, some of our two boys, and of course, some of just Cole.  We're most likely doing the pictures in Cole's nursery, so our outfits need to coordinate with the room.  I'll be doing our outfits in navy, aqua, and green.  I'm looking for a little tie or bow tie so we can get a picture of Cole like this:


And I thought a "little man" outfit like this would be perfect for Blake!  We already have the hat ;)



I found this website that shares three different methods for choosing family portrait outfits:





Check out the full article, including pictures, here:

I tend to stick to method one or three, or a combination of both. :)  For our first look for Blake's 1st birthday pictures, I used method three, where I chose two or three colors.




For our second look, I used method one, and planned around Blake's madras shorts. :)



Call me weird, but I actually enjoy this, and am looking forward to finding the rest of the pieces for our next session with Immeasurable Moments Photography! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment