Saturday, October 8, 2016

A Girly Girl Nursery on a Budget

I absolutely love designing and decorating rooms for little kids! Until recently, though, I had really only done boys rooms. Now, don't get me wrong, I love decorating for my boys! However, when we found out we were having a little girl, I was ecstatic to be able to plan a girly space. Obviously, years of ideas started flowing through my head, and it was a little overwhelming narrowing down my design plan.

One of the most difficult aspects was trying to figure out how to achieve the look I wanted on a budget that worked for us. Because we were essentially starting fresh, we needed to purchase a crib, crib bedding, dresser, rocker, curtains, paint, and décor. The crib I initially fell in love with was more expensive than our budget for the entire room. I had visions of wainscoting, crown molding, and gorgeous floral wallpaper. However, the wallpaper alone was almost $500 a roll, and our budget for the entire nursery was $800. So, back to the drawing board I went! I ended up with the design board pictured below, and all within our set budget.
We are making progress, but still have a few more projects left! I can't wait to share the finished space with all of you!


post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment