Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Dino Boys' Room


After being in our new home for almost a year now, the boys' room is nearing completion at last! I let the boys choose the theme for their room and then created an inspiration board from there.


The only project we have left is the stenciled accent wall, which I'm hoping to tackle this week or next. I'm trying to knock out as many projects as we can before little Hadley arrives in November!


Thankfully, this weekend we were able to finish the gallery wall above their dresser!


I had already purchased the stuffed dino head and T-Rex string art from Target a few months ago. The letters for the boys' names were from their rooms in our first house and just needed repainted. So, I set my hubby up with a drop cloth and some spray paint we already had on hand and he took care of that for me!


The square photo frames were also in storage, so I just had to figure out what to put in them! I debated ordering some prints from Etsy, but the in the end, decided to attempt a little dino DIY project with some dinosaur tracks and an easy-to-draw Triceratops.


The boys loved the finished product, and the stuffed dinosaur head remains their favorite part of the whole room!


By reusing items we already had and creating a little DIY artwork, I was able to save quite a bit of money! Total amount spent for the entire gallery wall: $32! Next up is the large scale geometric accent wall. I already have the huge wall stencil, and I can't wait to share pictures of their finished room!

post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment