Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Easy Peasy Dessert Table

This past weekend we hosted a couples get together at our community clubhouse.  We grilled out, played games, and had a great time of fellowship!  We played a hilarious round of charades and a game called Mad Gab that I absolutely love! :)  We wanted to have a theme for the event that played off the 'Battle of the Sexes' idea.  With it being football season, I started brainstorming football terms and girly words that started with the same letter.  I ended up deciding on Pigskins and Pearls and thought brown and pink would be perfect colors for the decorations.  I knew I wanted to do a dessert table, but was limited on time and money.

I made the backdrop using foam presentation boards I already had covered with wrapping paper from the dollar section in Target.  I used posterboard and a printer to make the sign.  The four square serving trays are actually china dinner plates I found at Target on sale for $2 a piece.  I added pink scrapbooking paper to them for a pop of color.

 
To save on time, I bought everything pre-made except for the sugar cookies.  Although I made these, they were super simple and easy.  Pillsbury pre-made sugar cookie dough, Betty Crocker cookie icing, and pearl sprinkles.  The hubby said they were the best cookies he's ever had!  And they end up coming out to under $.50 a cookie versus $3 or more a piece for specialty cookies.

 
I lined the cake stand with a piece of pink and white chevron scrapbooking paper and bought ready to serve mini cupcakes.

 
The apothecary jars held Whoppers and strawberry milkshake Whoppers.  We also had chocolate covered oreos, strawberry wafer cookies, and football shaped brownies.

 
It took less than two hours to make and set everything up, and best of all, the total cost for this dessert table came in at just under $25! :)
 
Do you guys have any budget-friendly tips for dessert tables?  Do share! :)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment