Thursday, February 16, 2012

Choosing Paint Colors

So, after making the decision to paint Cole's nursery navy, I'm finding myself very tempted to crawl back into my comfort zone and leave it the color it is. :)  However, I almost did navy blue with Blake but chickened out, so I'm going to do it this time!  Now the hard part is choosing which navy blue to go with.  I've pretty much narrowed it down to three choices.

Benjamin Moore Old Navy
This one seems like a true dark navy, without any purple undertones.  I'm just worried that it might be a little dark. 
http://www.housebeautiful.com/decorating/warm-is-easy-house-1206


Sherwin Williams Indigo Batik
I like this one, but it's not a classic navy.  The paint swatch is much lighter than the other two, and I'm worried that it might look too faded.


Benjamin Moore Stunning
I love the way this one looks here, but I'm worried it might also be too dark.


Here are two swatches from the bedding with some of the paint choices.  Indigo Batik is on the very bottom and Old Navy is directly above it.



What do you guys think?  One of these three?  Or should I keep searching?  Or sprint back into my little comfort zone? ;)

2 comments:

  1. I like the first one personally :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one too. :) Don't chicken out, it can always be painted over; after all it's paint, not a marriage. :)

    ReplyDelete